This is an exciting opportunity to be able to offer this fantastic role. We are looking to appoint a Business Support Manager to manage the business of the COO and their office, and support them in all aspects of their work, internally and externally. The role demands a high level of integrity and discretion, and a strong commitment to the mission and values of the company.
You will be supporting an extraordinary COO who is highly regarded in their field, alongside the COO’s Personal Assistant to provide a complete professional, administrative and logistical support service to enable the COO to perform their role as efficiently and effectively as possible. The role will take forward projects on the COO’s behalf as well as overseeing communications, execution of key plans and decisions, and management of stakeholder liaison, including with the COO’s direct reports and other senior colleagues and stakeholders.
The individual will need a degree or Extensive experience of supporting a senior individual and working with groups of senior managers and stakeholders and experience of working in complex working environments, ideally in the academic, research or health sectors
- To maintain systematic and proactive oversight of all live and pending COO priorities and commitments, ensuring that they are organised effectively, that they are realistic and achievable and that the COO is adequately prepared
- To design, plan and deliver business planning coordination, COO Team meetings and other COO-led activity
- To draft high quality communications on behalf of the COO. This covers all forms of written communication, including, but not limited to: emails, briefings, speeches and committee papers
- To accompany the COO at internal and external meetings as required, owning follow-up activities
- To provide or source advice and research to support the COO’s role, including briefings on all key meetings and events, and ensuring effective follow up
- To represent the COO as required at meetings and events and provide feedback and follow up as appropriate
- To work closely with the COO’s direct reports and other senior colleagues internally and externally
- To manage regular one-to-ones with the COO’s reports, reviewing ongoing work, checking on progress, assigning new work and addressing issues, including organising the appraisals and remuneration process for their reports
***Joyce Guiness is one of the most established boutique recruitment agencies in London specialising in secretarial support roles. We cover PA, EA, Team Assistant, Receptionist, Office Manager, Marketing, Event, Hospitality, and temp work across all industry sectors. Joyce Guiness as an agency is unable to respond to the high volume of applications. If you are already registered with Joyce Guiness, please do not hesitate to contact your consultant directly.***
Salary Band£40,000 - £50,000