Here at JG the road to finding that permanent job is easy, you just need to follow these simple steps:
1. Send us your CV to [email protected] with a covering letter explaining what you are looking for (salary, sector, location, etc.) If you are applying for a specific role from our website, some background as to your interest.
2. Our consultants will review your application and give you a call, so make sure you have contact details on your CV and voicemail enabled on your telephone. We will have a brief chat with you and then, if your application is relevant to roles we have on at the moment, we will arrange for you to come in and meet the team.
3. You will need to complete our application form and bring it with you, along with your passport. When you arrive, you will be asked to do a grammar and spelling test before having a chat with one or more of our consultants who will talk through your CV and discuss the various options available to you.
4. Once you have met and discussed various roles with your consultant, your CV will be sent forward to the role, having been agreed with your consultant. CVs are then reviewed by the client and successful applicants are invited for interview.
5. As new jobs come in, you may be contacted by your consultant who will run them past you – in addition, you can help by keeping up to date with new jobs we post on our social media and website, and letting us know which ones interest you. We can’t send everyone down to every job in which they express an interest but, if not, someone will always be here to have a chat about the role and give you helpful feedback as to why your application was not successful.
6. If you are successful in securing an interview, you will be fully briefed by your consultant beforehand; we will send you an email with details of the role and how to get there, and you can always give us a call with any further questions you have. For some handy interview tips go to our Resources page!
Bear in mind, there can be more than one round of interviews for a role, and some companies may ask you to complete tests (for example an in-tray exercise) – the process can take a while, but we are always on hand to guide you through and help in any way we can.
If you would like to register with us, then simply email your CV and one of our temp consultants will give you a call… [email protected]. Once they have been in contact they will ask you to keep us updated with your weekly availability, that way we will know when to keep you in mind when any jobs come up!
There are 3 main types of temp bookings:
- Long term/Contract – these include things like maternity leave, or sabbatical cover. We usually have plenty of notice and the client will want to see CVs and interview potential candidates, not dissimilar to a permanent placement.
- Medium term – these include things like holiday cover. There is usually some notice, and the client will usually look at CVs and occasionally interview.
- Short term – these include things like sickness cover, or staff training days. Notice is a luxury in instances like this, and we most likely get a call from a client when their office opens requiring someone for that day. This is when we make urgent calls and send candidates straight down on the strength of our knowledge of them.
For more information about Temping with JG check out our Resources page. Our temping information document provides you with some useful tips for when you start temping through us.